African National Congress
- The most prominent resistance to Apartheid
- Leaders were often jailed
- Wanted to create a non-racial democracy
- The National Party portrayed the ANC as a Communist organization
- “The Soviet Union did provide education and military training, but were never really interested in S.A.”
The African National Congress was the most prominent resistance against the apartheid. The leaders of the ANC were often (ie. Nelson Mandela in 1964). The goal of the African National Congress was to create a non-racial democracy. The opposing National party made the ANC out to look like they were a communist organization.
Question: Why were the leaders of the ANC so often jailed?