Kuwait and Gulf War 1991
- Aug. 1990 Iraq invades Kuwait
- "no more Munch's" proclaimed by George Bush Sr. and place sanctions on Iraq to pull out
- 30 countries join in a coalition against Iraq (including some Arab countries)
- USA made sure Israel wouldn't join for fear of losing the arab support
- Kuwait liberated after 4 days (90,000 Iraqi casualties)
- bush did not invade Iraq or remove Saddam in feat of losing the arab support
- threat of poison gas high
- Saddam tried to get Israelis
The USA liberated Kuwait in 4 days with the help of 30 countries including some Arab ones. Bush did not invade Iraq as they were scared the Arabs would not carry on supporting, the same was why Israel was not allowed to join the liberation of Kuwait, because if they had the other arab nations would not help them in their campaign.
Question: If the USA did not have the support of the other countries would they have liberated Kuwait?