- Leader of the Indian Congress Party
- Led with style of protest called pacifism (non-violent resistance)
- Right hand man is Jawaharlal Nehru
- Believed that Hindus and Muslims could share an independent India
- Declare independence for India on January 26th 1930
- Begin civil disobedience
- Assassinated by a fellow Hindu after the partition of 1947
Mohandas Gandhi was the leader of the Indian Congress Party. He was an extraordinary leader, and led with a style of protest called pacifism. Pacifism was a non-violent, almost peaceful, way of protesting. Gandhi believed that Hindus and Muslims could peacefully share an independent India. On January 26th 1930, he declared independence in India. He was assassinated by a fellow Hindu following the partition in 1947.
Question: Are the any pacifist protests going on in the world today?