- In 1947 the British ended their involvement with India
- Decided to divide the country
- India for the Sikhs and the Hindus
- Pakistan (east and west) for the Muslims
- Jinnah was the administer Pakistan
- Nehru became the first Prime Minister of India
- 500,000 people killed during mass movement of populations
In 1947, Britain ended its involvement with India. India decided to divide the country; India becoming for only Sikhs and Hindus. Pakistan became for Muslims. During this movement of populations, about 500,000 were killed.
Question: Should Britain have continued in their involvement with India to prevent this from happening?