The Camp Dvid Accords 1978
- U.S President Jimmy Carter hosted a peace treaty between the Egyptians and Israelis at his retreat.
- They agreed to:
- not make war
- negotiate the refugee problem
- israel could use the suez canal
- israel would get their supply of oil from Egypt
- The result of this was the egyptians got expelled from OPEC
Both countries leaders were brought together on neutral grounds to work out the differences between the two nations and to find a way to peacefully coexists.
Question: What would have happened with theMiddle East if the peace agreement was never signed?