The Six Days War
- 1967 Nasser expels the UN Peacekeeping force from the Suez Canal zone
- Fought from June 5th to June 10th 1967
- War began with Israelis launching surprise bombing on Egypt
- Egyptians close the straits to the Israelis and mass troops on the border
- Israelis with the help of intelligence know of the attack and the follow through with first-strike policy
- Destroy the Egyptian airforce; capture Sinai peninsula, Golan Heights, and West Bank
- America needed to step in and stop the attacks; feared angering other Arab nations
- In just 6 days, Israel took all that territory:
- Gaza Strip and Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, West Bank and East Jerusalem from Jordan, and Golan Heights from Syria
- "Land for Peace"
On June 5th 1967, Israel began a war against its neighbouring Arab states. Israel launched the first attack, a successful and surprising bombing on Egypt. America had to ultimately step in because they feared it would anger the temperamental neighbouring Arab nations. Within just six days, Israel seized land from Jordan, Egypt and Syria. Ultimately making it a clear win for Israel.
Question: What would have happened if Israel had lost?